It is time to make myself some conditioner. I have long, thick, and wavy hair, so cheap conditioners only got laughed at by my hair. So in my pursuit to becoming more self-sufficient I decided to make rather than buy those everyday commercial products.
The recipe I stumbled upon can be found here.
It is a good recipe, but I tinkered with it a bit and substituted and reduced the recipe. I am one person, so I didn’t see the point in making a family sized batch, and what if I don’t like the results? Then I just wasted quite a bit of ingredients on something I don’t really like.
- 100 ML Water
- 2 1/2 tsp Vegetable Glycerin Approximately 50 ML of Aloe Juice
- 2 1/2 tsp BTMS-25
- 1 1/4 tsp Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed
- 1/4 tsp Provitamin B5 (d-panthenol)
- 1/2 tsp Essential Oil of your choice
- 1 tsp Vitamin E
- 2 1/2 tsp Grapeseed Oil
- 1 tsp Almond Oil
- 1 tsp Shea Butter
- 1 tsp Grapeseed OilPro tips:
The mixture will thicken as it cools. If it seems a bit thin, do not be alarmed.Tools
- 1/2 Pint Mason Jar
- Double Boiler
- Measuring Spoons
- Measuring CupInstructions
The water and oils must be heated separately, but kept at the same temperature when mixing, this is why the double boiler method is helpful.
1. Add water to the measuring cup till you reach the 100 mark.
2. Add 2 1/2 teaspoons of glycerin to the cup.
3. Pour in Aloe Juice or Witch Hazel till the cup is filled to 150 ml
4. Pour contents into the bottom of the boiler.
Add to the top of the Boiler
1. Add BTMS-25
2. Add Grapeseed Oil
3. Mix till clear Once everything is heated, slowly pour the water in with the oils blend well. Pour this in to the mason jar and allow to cool. Then add the Wheat Protein, Provitamin B5, and the Essential Oils
As an amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases.